Its a perfectly wonderful time at the pool, nothing could be better then taking a dive into a cool pool on a hot summers day, but its been four hours since you put on sunscreen and your euphoric state has left your mind empty of your mother’s constant warnings. Your skin is getting a bit warmer then normal, your face and shoulders feel a bit itchy when you move them and people are commenting that you look a bit pink.
You have now got a Sun Burn and it will only get worse as the day progresses, but what do you do?
Here is my helpful little tip that I found, and I have personally had to use it within the past week and my lobster red sunburn is already gone, leaving behind a bit of a tan.
What you need:
Tea Bags (any kind will work, or so I have found, but Peppermint works the best.)
2 Paper Towels
Aloe Cream or Gel (if available)
What to do:
1. Have two cups, fill one with some water and the other with some freshly brewed tea. it does not matter if the tea is still hot or not when you use it. Keep the tea bag off to the side to use later.
2. Take your paper towels and split them up into four, you will need them for specific uses.
3. Wet one of your four pieces of Paper Towels with the tea and let it soak through the whole thing. Wring it out just enough to keep it from dripping, but keep enough inside that when pressed some will still come out. You will then gently rub the towel over the affected area.
4. Repeat step 3, this time using a new paper towel piece and water.
5. Take your third piece of paper Towel and pat dry the affected area. The fourth piece is left to set everything on so that your counter doesn’t get to sticky or wet.
6. Perform steps 3-5 at least once more, but you can add a third or fourth time if you wish.
7. Once you have patted the area dry for the last time take your Aloe Vera Gel or Cream and gently rub this over the affected area. Aloe is a great healing agent and will help heal it faster.
None of this relives any of the pain right away, but you will see immediate reduction in the redness of skin and faster healing over all.
Just last Wednesday I had to use this after I went to a pool party and forgot to reapply after being in the water for two hours…by the end of the night I was as red as a lobster. I went home and immediately started doing this and only remembered towards the end of it that my father and I had bought some aloe cream that was supposed to soften the skin, but I knew aloe helped to heal so I put some of that on. Before I was even done that first night I could already see a visible reduction of redness and after doing it again the next morning you could see I was still a little pink, but my Mother’s Birthday pictures don’t even show it.
By Saturday all of the redness was gone and so was most of the pain, I still peeled on Sunday, but by that night everything was gone. I only had to deal with 3 days of pain and by the third it wasn’t even to bad. Try out this remedy and let me know how it works for you!! I hope I was able to relieve some of your Summer stress!!
Also, since I haven’t done this since my first post, if you are in the market for a good read I would suggest one of the following.
The Secret Garden by Frances Hogsden Burnett
The Little Princess by Frances Hogsden Burnett
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum